TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY CLICKING “SUBMIT” YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU ACCEPT THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”) WILL GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA SUBMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS. BY CLICKING “SUBMIT” YOU WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS.
This website (www.bridge.co.za) is owned and operated by Bridge Corporate Proprietary Limited (“Bridge”). Bridge’s principal place of business is Agri Hub, 1st Floor, Block C, 477 Witherite Road, The Willows X82, Pretoria; and its email address is email@example.com.
This document contains content dealing with the following:
- Website Policy
- Policy on the processing of personal information
Bridge reserves the right to make changes to any portion of this website, including these Terms, at any time, without any prior notice and you shall be bound by any such changes. If Bridge changes these Terms, the changes will be posted here and Bridge suggests that you periodically visit this page and review the content.
The laws of South Africa will govern any dispute or claim arising out of, or relating to, your use of this website. You agree that any claim or cause arising out of the use of this website must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose, or the claim shall be forever barred.
Please note that, due to ongoing changes in technology, our website policy may change from time to time and the Terms might be amended without notice. It is your responsibility to check these regularly.
Although the information contained in this website is based upon up-to-date information, and while Bridge makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all material on this site is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Bridge makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy.
All names, graphics, logos and trademarks contained on this website are owned or licensed either by Bridge (or by other parties who have authorised their use on this website) and may not be used in any way without the prior written approval of Bridge (or the party concerned). Unauthorised use of this website’s content is expressly forbidden, unless its use is specifically provided for on this website.
Unauthorised use may be subject to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights. Bridge is not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making its services available to you.
Loss and liability
You agree that your use of this website is at your own risk and agree to hold Bridge (including its directors, employees, agents, affiliates, partners, independent contractors, advertisers and co-branders) harmless from any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages, or any other losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including legal fees, expert fees, or other disbursements) which may arise, directly or indirectly, through the access to, use of, or browsing of this website. This includes but is not limited to anything caused by any viruses, bugs, human action or inaction or any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or any other errors, failures or delays in computer transmission or network connections.
You further indemnify Bridge against any claims or damages that arise from any third party due to or arising out of your provision of content or personal information.
Bridge has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with this website. Bridge may investigate any complaints or reported violation of these terms and conditions and take any action that Bridge deems appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to users’ access and / or removing any materials from the website.
Bridge will take all appropriate measures to assure the security of this website. All information is stored on our servers in a secure manner and access to those servers is strictly limited to network administrators and other authorised personnel of Bridge who have been trained to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal data. We take pride in our technology and our security policies.
POLICY ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collection of your personal information through use of this website
Please be aware that you may disclose personal information on the Bridge website in the following instances:
- When you complete the ‘Online Loan Application’ or ‘Top up a loan Application’;
- When you submit a ‘Call Back Request’;
- When you ‘Refer a Friend’;
- When you write a ‘Testimonial’.
Personal information of the following nature may be collected on this website:
- Your name and surname;
- Your identification number;
- Cellphone number;
- Email address;
- Postal address;
- Spouses/ partners details;
- Personal data of a third party.
Collection of third parties personal information
If you provide personal information relating to a third party, you hereby acknowledge that you have fully informed the third party concerned of his or her own rights regarding individual privacy, and have obtained his or her permission, in writing, to do so.
When handling a third party’s data, you are obliged to inform the third party of your intention to disclose his or her data; and obtain consent, in writing, from the third party to disclose the personal information.
Collection of anonymous information
In addition to the information Bridge collects as described above, Bridge uses technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, the web server automatically logs which pages visitors view, IP addresses and which web browsers visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables Bridge to compile statistics about visitors and their use of the Website.
Processing of your personal information
Bridge will only process your personal information to:
- Process and determine your loan application;
- Process your ‘Call Back Request’;
- Fulfil any requests for information you may make;
- Send you marketing material of products and services it believes would be of interest to you;
- Manage your account with us;
- Compile your personal information internally to administer this website and help us improve our services.
Bridge do not share, sell or distribute your personal information with unrelated third parties, except as otherwise provided for in these Terms and under these limited circumstances:
- In order to provide you with the information or products which you have requested, your personal information may occasionally be transferred or shared with third parties who act for Bridge for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal information in order to support Bridge’s information technology or to handle mailings on Bridge’s
- Bridge may share, transfer or disclose the person information for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of Bridge’s databases or this Website, to take precautions against legal liability. Bridge will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
- Bridge may also disclose your personal information to other businesses who may wish to receive and use research data about you. Bridge may share your personal information with other companies whose products and services may be of interest to you.
- In the event of a merger/acquisition or company reorganisation, your personal information may be part of the transferred assets and are likely to be disclosed to the new/ acquiring company.
Where appropriate, before disclosing personal information to a third party, Bridge contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Despite the security measures Bridge has in place to protect your personal information, it may be accessed by unauthorised third party (e.g. as a result of an illegal activity). In the unlikely event of such access, Bridge will notify you via email (using the address you have provided us) of such occurrence.
Access and corrections to personal information
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information, Bridge will disclose to you the personal information it holds about you, for which it may make a charge as allowed by applicable law.
Bridge will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that you tell it is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at our registered address or email address below.
Transfer of data abroad
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which Bridge’s servers are located (currently Bridge’s servers are located in), there will necessarily be a transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this website and interfacing electronically with Bridge, you consent to the processing and transfer of your personal information as set out in these Terms.
Bridge may also transfer your personal information to third parties located outside of South Africa into countries which do not necessarily have data-protection laws similar to South Africa.